I've been working on a project that moving lots of data (a single table) on MySQL to Google Cloud Datastore.
The API is called from Ruby on Rails with google-cloud-datastore gem
Some problems confronted me and I left memo here.
- Set the quota from console
IAM and Admin -> Quotaand enable payment.
- You cannot use the API when exceed the limits per day
- There are some
limits and you must
read this at least
- entitiy limits per Commit is 500
- Max size of an indexed string property is 1,500 bytes
- You should limit
indexed propertiesAS POSSIBLE AS YOU CAN. This takes a lot of storage.
- You cannot use
INsearch in GQL.
- null value is accepted
- array value is accepted
You should use another language library like Golang.
- The API of the gem to purpose
exclude indexesREALLY SUCKS.
- Older versions of the gem cannot be used. (At least for me, they didn't work)